Circle, a Majestic Musical
Circle, a Musical Majestic Show
…”This is the tale of a people… And the story of a Circle”.
“There is a light and shimmering thread that encircles and unites us all.
In this fine and glittering web we are standing forever bound.”
Circle is a statement of the Bosnian born composer Dino Zonic. His mission through music is to unite people and to promulgate positive ideals and values. Circle conveys a powerful message of strength through unity.
Circle is a majestic and unique theatrical show that moves from the visual language of cinema to a radiant live theatrical spectacle.
Circle transcends place and time, with a music, theatrical atmosphere and landscape, 3D applications, and costumes inspired by range of diverse cultures. Circle is a instrumental, vocal and acrobatic performance with a music and special effects that immerse the audience into a world of fantasy, adventure, intrigue.
Circle is a tale of the musicians from multicultural city of Sarajevo, on a perilous and victorious journey to fulfill their shared destiny, to spread the voice of unity and connect everyone in the world. Along the way, as their world comes under attack and starts collapsing, the cast and musicians confront characters and events that represent the forces of destruction. The cast of 40 captures the imagination through the strength of unity shown as: joined effort by those who believe can achieve anything.
Circle is dedicated to the generations with the mission of invoking the imagination, the senses, and the emotions of the audiences all over the world.
At the end, the Circle is truly a quest for the self: who am I? And who are we?, and the unity and connection with nature we meet when we realize we are but one people on the one planet.
LOVE IS THE LAW
(Opening song of CIRCLE)
From rising East to the setting West
From beginning to the end
From the deepest South to the farthest North
This Circle spreads through the universe
It reaches to infinity far beyond reality
It casts no shadow, nor unease.
Come on, raise your voice and sing.
Love is the law. The law is for all.
Maestro Dino Zonic’s dynamic score is the driving force behind CIRCLE. It is both conventional and unconventional, drawing upon classical, rock, Eastern European sensibilities, and electronic sounds to create a highly charged theatrical experience. Zonic’s creation, which evolved out of his wartime traumas, manages to portray the essence of UNITY and redemption through his exhilarating music and staging.
“CIRCLE is remarkably unique”, Theater An der Wien – Vienna, Austria
The First production of a Circle (1995-1999) has been performed in Germany, Austria, England, Scotland, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia and The United States. Radio Voice of America played the song from the Circle – Love is the Law during the first seconds of the year 1997. In 2001 Circle was performed on the Broadway stage at the Irish Art Center, New York.
Circle production numbered 75 members of international musicians that was performed in acclaimed theaters and concert halls such as: ‘Theatre An Der Wien’, Beethoven Royal Theater in Vienna; ‘Irish Arts Center’, Broadway, New York; Concert Hall ‘Vatroslav Lisinski’, Zagreb; City of London Festival; ‘Concert for Peace’ Sarajevo 1996;‘The Posthoff’, Linz, Austria.
Circle has been recognized and supported by his Holiness Pope John Paul II, his Holiness the Dalai Lama; the Presidential offices and Ministry of Culture of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina; US Ambassador in United Nations – Richard Holbrooke; Bosnian Ambassador to the UN – Mo Sacirbay; UN Ambassador Dr. Gerhard Pfanzelter-Austria; the Dayton Peace Accords-Bruce Hitchner Chairman; UNHCR, Croatia Archbishop Franjo Cardinal Kuharic; Bianca Jagger – Ambassador Balkan Institute; rock legend Jimmy Page, Initiative against the War – Muenster Germany; Through Heart to Peace – London, Lifeline Network For Peace-Alexandra, and numerous other eminent individuals and institutions from around the world.
FIRST PRODUCTION TEAM and CAST from 1995 to 1999:
Music and Story: Edin Dino Zonic
Libretto: Mustafa Tanovic, Edin Dino Zonic, Rade Cikes-
Medan, James Rounds, Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart)
Narrations: Mustafa Tanovic, Rade Cikes-Medan
Ass. Choreographer: Irena Raduka, Sinisa Hapac
Choreographer: Royston Maldoom
Costumes: Ljerka Zmaic
Set Design: Mustafa Forto; Ass. Set Design: Jelana Korencic
Light Design: Reno Raos, Josip Bencic, Zeljko Lale
Sound: Remo Cartagine
Make Up: Mirjana Tepsic, Zeljka Babic, Jadranka Petricek
Stage Manager: Leonila Grundler
Ass. Productions: Goran Karan, Julija Zlopasa, Jelena Radan,
Vladimir Nothig, Jadranka Krajina
Graphic Design: Studio ‘Trio’, Jelena Korencic
Ass. Organisation: Fahro Kulenovic, Kreso Petricek
Production Consultant: Josip Magdic, Zdravko Sljivac, Sead Alic
Marketing Directors: Bariz Zonic, Jasna Frajtic-Zrnec
Public Relations: Astrid Musura-Kaucic
Co-Producer: Rade Cikes-Medan, Mustafa Tanovic
Theatrical Director: Dubravka Zrncic-Kulenovic
Producer: Edi Matic, Royston Maldoom, Mark Fraze
Executive Producer: Bariz Zonic, Edi Matic, Mark Fraze
Producer/Director: Edin Dino Zonic
1. Goran Karan, Lead Solo Vocal
2. Jelena Radan, Lead Solo Voca
3. Julija Zlopasa, Lead Solo Vocal
4. Ante Grossi, Lead Solo Vocal
5. Alan Belusic, Lead Solo Vocal
6. Ivana Husar, Lead Solo Vocal
7. Marija Husar, Lead Solo Vocal
8. Baucic Ervin, Lead Solo Vocal
9. Nermin Puskar, Solo Vocal
10. Mirza Tetaric, Solo Vocal
11. Vladimir Nöthig, Solo Vocal
12. Helena Bastic, Solo Vocal
13. Jana Nemecek, Solo Vocal
14. Ljubica Kelcec-Suhovec, Solo Vocal
15. Sanja Didovic, Solo Vocal
16. Jadranka Krajina, Solo Vocal
17. Julie Harrity-Pauley, Solo Vocal
18. Franciska Gluhak, Solo Vocal
19. Darija Saltagic, Ensemble
20. Mirjana Foretic, Ensemble
21. Suzana Derk, Ensemble
22. Alan Gabor, Ensemble
23. Igor Hapac, Ensemble
24. Sinisa Hapac, Ensemble
25. Irena Raduka, Ensemble
26. Gorana Cehic, Ensemble
27. Karlo Starcevic, Ensemble
28. Mirsada Dizdarevic, Ensemble
29. Drago Lokas, Ensemble
30. Irena Malbasa, Ensemble
31. Ana Hanic, Ensemble
32. Marijana Delic, Ensemble
33. Amela Priganica, Ensemble
34. Haris Osmic, Ensemble
35. Natasa Petrovic, Ensemble
36. Manuela Bolta, Ensemble
37. Marko Pletikosa, Ensemble
38. Marina Matolic, Ensemble
39. Doris Dundovic, Ensemble
40. Neven Palacek, Ensemble
41. Goran Vasovic, Ensemble
42. Miki Trifunov, Narator
43. Tarik Filipovic, Narator
Musical Circle has been performed in venues such as:
– ‘Irish Art Centre’ Broadway, New York, USA
– ‘Theatar An der Wien’ Vienna, Austria
– ‘Schuster Performing Arts Center’, Dayton, USA
– ‘Spitalfields’ , City of London, Festival England
– Dayton Peace Accords – Dayton Peace Prize, USA
– Michael Bashaw’s, Concert Auditorium Dayton, USA
– Concert Hall ‘Vatroslav Lisinski’ Zagreb, Croatia
– Concert Hall, Muenster, Germany
– Concert Hall, Hildesheim, Germany
– ‘Stadt Hale’ Graz, Austria
– Concert Hall ‘Posthoff’ Linz, Austria
– Concert Hall Graz, Austria
– ‘Hazelwood House’ South Devon, England
– ‘St. Magnus’ Festival, Scotland
– ‘Woodwick House’ – Orkney, Scotland
– ‘Spilsby’ Theatre – Linconshire, England
– ‘The Pit’ – Crondal, Farnham Surrey England
– ‘Croatian National Theatre’ Split, Croatia
– ‘Croatian National Theatre’ Osijek, Croatia
– ‘Concert Hall Sarajevo’ Bosnia and Herzegovina
– ‘Croatian National Theatre’Rijeka, Croatia
– ‘Croatian National Theatre’ Zadar, Croatia
– ‘Istrian National Theatre’ Pula, Croatia